Exposition


This blog is dedicated to providing assistance to all those who need answers about the world of Wide format printing.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I print a configuration page for the Xerox 510 and 8830 wide format printer systems

On occasion I or one of my customers who own a Xerox 510 and 8830/25 wide format copier and printer may want to print out the configuration print. The configuration print will provide a wealth of information about the machine that is just not easily visible on the display. I have provided photos below that demonstrate how I print the config page using the display and key pad on the Xerox 510 and 8830 systems. The procedure for the 8830 is the same only the buttons on the 8830 have symbols rather than names.   I always remember that if I get lost during the procedure I can return to the beginning by pressing the online button which will bring the machine back to the online ready state when the ONLINE LED is lit.   If am not sure where I am in the menu I push the online button and start over.  As I never want to accidentally change settings on mine or my customers Xerox  510 or 8830  I try to remember that if I become confused during the process I simply push the ONLINE button on the display and return to the beginning at Step 1 which is were we will start.



Step 1 
I always try to make sure my 510 or 8830  looks  like the photo below when I start this procedure.  The green online LED next to the ON LINE button should be lit and the 510 should show XEROX  510 WIDE FMT...IDLE in the display window.  Now I can go to the next step. 




Step 2
I Press the ONLINE button at which time I should see the green LED go out.  No I can go to the next step.





Step 3
My display should now read   XEROX  510 WIDE FMT....PAUSED.  Now I push the ENTER button once and I can go to the next step.




Step 4
My display should now read  XEROX  510 WIDE FMT SETUP MENU....(UTILITIES).  Now I press the ENTER button once and go to the next step.


Step 5
My display should now read UTILITIES... (TEST PRINT).  I press the enter button once and go to the next step.




Step 6
My display should now read TEST PRINT...(ALL).  I Press the NEXT button once and go to the next step.




Step 7
My display should now read TEST PRINT....(PRINTER CONFIGURATION)  I press the enter button once and go to the next step.


Step 7
My display should now read UTILITIES.....(TEST PRINT).  I Press the ONLINE button once.  At this point I should see the green LED light up and I should hear the printer begin to print the configuration print.


Step 8
My display should now indicate that it is printing an INTERNAL  HPGL while it is printing the configuration page.


Step 9
Once the configuration print has completed printing my display should return to XEROX 510 WIDE FMT....IDLE with the ONLINE LED lit.  The printer has now returned to it's normal ready state.



Step 10
I should now have printed a configuration print that looks similar to the one below.  I will cover what all the information on the configuration print means in a future blog.




We have just scratched the surface today regarding what you as the operator can do with your Xerox 510. In a future blog we will also cover how to do this same operation on the other Xerox printers as well as the KIP and HP wide format printers. Leave a comment if you like. If you have a problem with this operation and would like some help you can say that in the comments or you can email me from my profile. Thanks for coming by.

15 comments:

  1. Plz. this machine scanner driver option help me
    in connect computer attach this machine scanner driver
    plzz. help me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to this link and it may help you.

      http://bigprinthelp.blogspot.com/2014/04/assuming-your-computers-os-is64-bit.html

      You will need to contact a local xerox representitive in order to have the hardware properly connected before you install the Accxes Client tools software.

      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Good Blog, thanks for sharing that’s nice
    Printing Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate all those who use the information which I have posted here. I hope you can use it to further your repairs and printing on the Xerox wide formats.

      Delete
  3. Thank for sharing that with all of us. Naturally, just what an Excellent website and informative posts, I'll bookmark this site. Keep doing your congrats and consistently gain my service. Cheers for sharing this gorgeous narrative 123 hp com dj 3630 install

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,
      Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated. I hope this blog will continue to be useful to everyone who works with wide format.

      Delete
  4. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    โรงพิมพ์นนทบุรี

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my late reply. I sure am glad the information you read here was helpful.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to read this information. I hope it was useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to be of assistance. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thank you very much for help. I am going to test that in the near future. Cheers



    123 hp setup 3830 software

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about a condensed version;


    Online>Enter>Enter>Enter>Next>Enter>Online

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Xerox 510dp wide format printer just like the pictures you've posted. The issue we're having is our print server has been updated to Window 10 and our Xerox 510 drivers are for Windows 7. I've called Xerox support several times but have not been able to updated drivers. Do you know how to solve this problem. Our IT support person wants to scrap the 510 printer and buy a new printer which I think would be a shame.

    ReplyDelete