Exposition


This blog is dedicated to providing assistance to all those who need answers about the world of Wide format printing.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How I Re-install Xerox Freeflow Acxess client tools on a Windows 7 64bit computer

Assuming the computer on which I or my customer needs to install Acxess client tools has the Window 7 64 bit OS installed,  I usually go to the page below and look for the FREEFLOW ACXESS CLIENT TOOLS AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TOOL FOR WINDOW, VERSION 14.01.12.

 http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-6204/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=win7x64
Dell Optiplex controller used on most Xerox
Wide format scanner and printer systems

NOTE: This version of Acxess client tools runs on a desk top or laptop computer.  If I see a black computer next to my customers Xerox wide format system  that resembles the Dell Optiplex controller noted in the photo that can be seen on  this page then I know  this version of Acxess client tools will probably work on my customers computer. I never attempt to load the Acxess Client tools onto the Dell Optiplex controllers.  The Dell Optiplex controllers run the proprietary software that Xerox printers and scanner use to operate.  Acxess Client tools is only meant to be installed on the customers desktop PC or Laptop where they intend to retrieve the scanned files!!!

Here is the process I use to install Acxess client tools on to a Windows 7 64 bit desktop or laptop personal computer:


I Download Acxess client tools from the website above and it will automatically install itself when I open it. During the install I am carefull not to select the password protected account as this will install accounting software.   I then need to go to the DEVICE MANAGER tab on the upper right.  There is an icon on the left side of the DEVICE MANAGER page that when you cursor over it will read "create a new device".  Once I click on create a new device I can see the device name and IP address boxes open on the bottom of the DEVICE MANAGER page. I then enter the name and IP address of the Xerox 6204 or the type of system I will be using..  I then hit enter.  I will then see the new device in the list on the screen.  I then check on the boxes marked default printer and default scanner

Next I need to go to the DOCUMENT RETRIEVE tab at the top of the page.   On the DOCUMENT RETRIEVE page the Mailbox name will most likely be defaulted to" images" (lower case) but it can be any of the mail box names that I or my customer has entered at the Xerox scan page on the copier or scanner system. The file prefix can be anything I or my customer choose or I can leave it defaulted to MYSCAN.  The retrieval directory will be  the location I or my customer want the files to wind up in when they are retrieved from the copier. I usually close and reopen the AXCESS CLIENT TOOLS once.  When I close it on some systems a question will come up and read " save changes?"   I do not want to save changes.  When I  reopen it windows may give me an error telling me that the program wasn't installed correctly.  Just choose to re-install the program with the recommended setting and it will quickly correct the install and reopen.  


This should do it if the controller is an Acxess unit.

 If there is no controller to be seen or it is mounted on the back of your printer you will need to look at either How I install Xerox scan assistant  or the page for How I install Acxess client tools on machines that have Non Dell controllers installed.  I will be putting these pages up for you shortly.  

3 comments: